# Beads Needed:
Red - 70
Orange - 71
Yellow - 51
Dark Green - 51
Light Blue - 70
Dark Blue - 70
Purple - 42
White - 92
1. Download the Peace Banner Project Pattern. Use the large square peg board for your project. If you’re using a clear peg board, slide the actual-size pattern underneath it. Place all the beads for the design.
2. Ask an adult to fuse your designs.
Place your peg board on a flat, heat-safe surface. Set a household iron to the medium setting. Place ironing paper over the peg board. In a circular motion, begin to iron the project. When ironed properly, the beads will still have an open center. Let the design cool.
?3. Remove the paper and bead design from the peg board. Flip the design over to expose the non-fused side. Repeat step two. Let cool completely. Note: Beads need heat for about 10-20 seconds per side to fuse evenly. Depending on the size of the project, additional heating time may be required. For this project, DO NOT OVER-IRON the beads as it will make the centers of the beads close and can make assembly more challenging.
4. Once the design is cool, peel off the ironing paper. Lift your design from the peg board; flip the design over and repeat step #2. Your peg board and ironing paper are reusable.
5. Get ready for stringing: Cut ten 18" lengths and one 8" length of the heavy brown thread. Take the first fused row of beads, and for each 18" length, thread it up through the first bead and down through the one next to it. Repeat with the remaining lengths across the row. Even up the ends.
6. Position the second row of fused beads over the first. Next, we’ll create the hanger. Take the 8" length of heavy brown thread and at each end of the row thread the thread ends down through the end beads and up through the ones next to it. Tie in a knot. Glue the second row of fused beads on top of the first one.
7. Stringing: Tape the hanger to your work surface to hold the piece in place for stringing. Begin stringing the beads, counting from the chart.
As you complete each string, thread the heavy brown thread one last time through the end bead and knot it.
8. For additional decoration, tie short lengths of matching embroidery thread around the brown thread ends at the bottom. Trim as desired.
9. Decorate the hanger: You can wrap or braid colored thread around the hanger, adding beads as you go. For the tassels, simply combine a number of short lengths of colored threads and tie in an overhand knot around the hanger.