# Beads Needed:
Red - 8
Cheddar - 2
Kiwi Lime - 432
Purple - 86
Black - 72
Clear - 70
1. Download the Hot Rod SUV Project Pattern. Use the truck pegboard for your project and place all the beads for the design. Make 2 of each pattern.
2. Cover the completed design with the ironing paper. Keeping the iron level, gently iron the beads in a circular motion for about 10 seconds to fuse the beads evenly. Ironed properly, the beads will still have an open center. On a 3-D project such as this, DO NOT OVER-IRON the beads as it will make the centers of the beads close and can make assembly difficult. Warning: Parents
—the ironing must be done by an adult only. Some irons may emit steam. Please keep children at a safe distance.
3. Once the design is cool, peel off the ironing paper. Lift your design from the pegboard; flip the design over and repeat step #2. Your pegboard and ironing paper are reusable.
4. Stack then glue the pieces as shown, the pieces with the wheel sections on the inside. DO NOT put glue near the red beads on the wheel sections.
5. Cut off the points of the two toothpicks, so that the remaining pieces are 1 3/8" long. These will be your axles. Insert the toothpicks into the red beads on the wheel sections so that equal lengths of the toothpicks extend beyond the wheel sections on each side.
Slide your plastic wheels onto the toothpick axles, then slide on a purple bead to hold them in place. If the bead is too loose, iron it a little to flatten it and close up the hole a little.
6. Print out the flames from the pattern sheet and cut them out. Glue in place on sides of the SUV.