# Beads Needed for the Bat Mask:
Black - 207
# Beads Needed for the Owl Mask:
Yellow - 24
Light Brown - 144
Black - 96
# Beads Needed for the Eyeball Glasses:
Red - 23
Light Brown - 24
Black - 19
White - 102
1. Download the Halloween Masks Project Pattern. Use the small circle, small hexagon, and large hexagon pegboards for your project. If you’re using a clear pegboard, slide the actual-size pattern underneath it. Place all the beads for the design.
2. Ask an adult to fuse your designs. Place your pegboard on a flat, heat-safe surface. Set a household iron to the medium setting. Place ironing paper over the pegboard. In a circular motion, begin to iron the project. When ironed properly, the beads will still have an open center. Let the design cool.
3. Remove the paper and bead design from the pegboard. Flip the design over to expose the non-fused side. Repeat step two. Let cool completely. Note: Beads need heat for about 10-20 seconds per side to fuse evenly. Depending on the size of the project, additional heating time may be required.
4. Once the design is cool, peel off the ironing paper. Lift your design from the pegboard; flip the design over and repeat step #2. Your pegboards and ironing paper are reusable.
5. Assembly: Bat: After the beads are fused and still warm from ironing, add a little curve to the mask by pressing the shape around a large round object
Add yellow self-adhesive gems for eyes. Use long pieces of ribbon to tie one end of the mask through the beads to a plastic straw for a holder. Thread a few beads onto the ribbon and knot the ribbon to hold them in place.
Owl: After fusing the beads of the eye pieces and while they are still warm, shape them around the eyes of the mask. Let cool. Shape the beak piece by bending it over a large marker barrel. Glue feathers to the plastic mask, then glue on the eyes and beak.
Eyeball Glasses: Glue the eyeballs to a pair of plastic glasses with round lenses.