Tips & Techniques
Learn how to use our products with helpful tips and techniques
from our experts sure to inspire.
Determining How Many Beads you need
Use this handy Bead Needs chart to help you figure out
how many beads you need
Use the chart first to find the style and/or length that best
match your intended jewelry project. Then it is just a matter of
what bead size you will be working with
the most to figure out the amount of beads needed. Use the quantity
reference as a guide for when you do your bead shopping as it will
give you a pretty good idea as to how many beads you will need
overall. Remember to keep in mind that the quantities may vary
slightly depending on the shape and size of beads you choose.
Remember to account for a closure
that will add additional length.
Determining the necklace lengths that suit your style is the
first step in making your jewelry project come to life. You can
then decide what you would like added to your necklace in order to
really make a statement.
Collar - 12-13 inches
Choker - 14-16 inches
- Lies comfortably on the neck
- Made of two or more strands
- Compliments an evening look
- Great style for off the shoulder and v-neck tops
Princess - 17-19 inches
- Lies just below the neckline
- Made of single or multi-strands
- Perfect for any time of day and occasion
- Great for a child's necklace
Matinee - 20-24 inches
- Ideal for both pendant necklaces and pearls
- Versatile length for both daytime and evening
- Compliments a crew neck and higher necklines
Opera - 28-34 inches
- Longer than the princess
- Well suited for professional and casual attire
- Compliments a higher neckline
Rope - Over 45 inches
- A single dramatic length, or knotted at the neckline
- Ideal for classic or casual attire
- Works with both high or crew necklines
- A minimum of 45 inches with clasps placed in strategic
- Can transform length into multi-strand necklace or bracelet
- Will transform any outfit into an elegant style
Birthstone Crystal Color Chart
Each birth month is represented by a modern crystal color and a
meaning that indicates the quality or personality of that month or
that color, so have fun with it!
||Chain Nose Pliers
Flat nosed pliers are used to bend wire and findings. Use as
a companion tool for round nose pliers. Embellished with a Lt
Rose Crystallizedâ„¢ - Swarovski Elements.
A precision tool for trimming findings and beading wire.
Embellished with a Lt Sapphire Crystallizedâ„¢ -Swarovski
||Round Nose Pliers
Conical shaped pliers are used for shaping wire and findings.
Use as a companion for chain nose pliers. Embellished with a
Violet Crystallizedâ„¢ Swarovski Elements.
||Bent Nose Pliers
Angled nosed pliers are designed for easy access of hard to
reach places. Companion tool for chain nose pliers.
Embellished with a Chrysolite Crystallizedâ„¢ - Swarovski
Specialty pliers are used for making easy loops and wire
wraps. One side is conical and is designed to work with
concave side. Embellished with a Crystal Crystallizedâ„¢ -
Tweezer with Scoop
A tool to aid the selection and organization of small
crystals and findings. These
make it easy to pick up the smallest of items and includes a
scoop on the other end for larger jobs.
A tool that inscribes metal, wood, glass, and more. It
decorates and personalizes charms, pendants and other