1. Cover the cake circle with green patterned paper.
2. Trace around a plate to create a smaller circle to fit inside the covered cake circle.
3. Cut a photo mat measuring 3½ x 5½ inches. Under the photo mat, tuck the die-cut cardstock message “Merry Christmas to All”. Above the photo, layer holly leaves on top of the die-cut with birds and holly on it. Use foam tape to secure the layers. Add red gems on the holly berries. Under the photo, place an ornament tag and a star die-cut. Embellish the star with gems.
4. Cut 16 pieces of patterned paper to make the 8 large boxes for the wreath. Each paper measures 7 x 7 inches.
- To make the box: Score your paper at 2 inches and then 5 inches on every side of the 7 x 7 inch paper. Cut tabs on the score lines at the top of the paper and at the bottom of the paper. Fold the tabs and secure the box shape.
- To make the lid: Score your paper at 2 1/8 inches and then 5 1/8 inch. Cut tabs and fold and secure the lid into shape. Glue the lid to the box, so it will not fall off when you hang the wreath.
5. Next make 4 medium boxes. Cut your patterned paper to 4½ x 4½ inches.
- • To make the box: Score the paper at 1 inch and 3½ inches. Cut the tabs and fold to make the box shape.
- • To make the lid: Score the paper at 1-1/8 and 3-5/8 inches. Cut the tabs. Fold and secure the lid shape.
6. Next make 4 small boxes. Cut the patterned paper to 4 x 4 inches.
- • To make the box: Score the paper at 1 inch and 3 inches. Cut tabs, fold the base, and secure it together.
- • To make the lid: Score the paper at 1-1/8 inch and 3-1/8 inch. Cut tabs, fold the base, and secure it together.
7. Arrange large boxes on the wreath circle. Glue them to the base. Add die-cut tags on every other box. Tie gold embroidery thread in the tags. On the remaining 4 boxes, glue rickrack and buttons.
8. Tie ribbon around the 4 medium sized packages.
9. Secure the small packages and medium sized packages on top of the large boxes. They are glued on each corner where the large boxes touch.
10. Embellish the small boxes with die-cuts. Add gems or embroidery floss to make the die-cuts more realistic.
11. Fan-fold or accordion fold a ¾ x 12 inch piece of green patterned paper. Glue the ends together once it has been folded. It will look like a bracelet. Place the piece on a small box, and glue the center folds to the box. Place a heart die-cut on top of the folded circle.
12. Attach a ribbon to the back of the cake circle and hang!