1. To create box, place a 12 x 12” piece of balloons patterned paper on the scoring board, lining up the left hand edge to the left side of the board.
2. Use the scoring tool to score at 4” and 8”
3. Turn the paper 90 degrees and repeat a scored line at 4” and another at 8”
4. Cut along the scored lines on the bottom edge until you get to the first intersected score lines. Flip around your paper 180 degrees and repeat these two cuts.
5. Fold and form box.
6. Apply glue on flaps and hold for a few seconds to secure box shape.
7. To create the lid, first line up the left hand edge of an 8 x 8” piece of presents paper to the arrow mark on the top left of the scoring board. NOTE: To make lids for boxes, you must use this arrow marking in order to compensate for the additional lid width needed. Do not line up papers to make lids flush with the left edge of the scoring board.
8. Use the scoring tool to score at 2” and 6 1/8”.
9. Turn the paper 90 degrees and repeat a scored line at 2” and 6 1/8”.
10. To create a decorative edge on the lid, use a border punch along all four sides of patterned paper.
11. Cut along the scored lines on the bottom edge until you get to the first intersected score lines. Flip around your paper 180 degrees and repeat these two cuts.
12. Apply glue on flaps and hold for a few seconds to secure box shape.
13. To create the decorative paper rosette, use a border punch along one long edge of two strips of 2 x 12” stripes patterned paper.
14. Line up the flat edge of a strip to the top edge of the scoring board. Use the scoring tool and score at ½” marks along the strip to create an accordion affect. Repeat on the other strip.
15. Adhere the two strips together at both ends to form a circle.
16. Punch a circle shape out of patterned paper to use as a base for the rosette.
17. Form rosette shape and use hot glue to secure shape together. You can secure this shape with some extra hot glue in the center of the rosette as it will be covered later by a sticker embellishment. Hold this shape for one minute to secure.
18. Apply ZIG glue to the circle base on the underside of the rosette and adhere to the lid of the origami box.
19. Embellish the center of rosette shape with “It’s your day” grand adhesion sticker.