1. Using acrylic paints, paint the birds to match how you intend to glitter them. Allow to dry.
2. Cut a small notch in the lip of each bird box to hold the hanger eye. Bend the bottom of the eye pin (so that it won’t pull out) and slide it into the notch.
3. Seal the boxes with glue. If the box separates at the seam, wrap a twist tie around the box until it dries. Use glue to fill in and smooth out the seams. This may take two applications. Allow to dry.
4. Working with one color glitter at a time, apply glittering glue and glitter to each bird. Allow to dry. Spray lightly with hairspray to affix the glitter.
5. Adhere a paisley flower above the bird’s beak and gently curve the flower around the head to create a crest. Add a dot of glue to each side if necessary. Adhere jewels to create eyes. Apply glittering glue and matching glitter to back of bird’s crest.
6. Use scissors to clip large paisleys around each border to make small tabs (to simulate feathers).
7. Apply glittering glue to adhesive side of each paisley sticker, leaving a small open section in the middle. Apply glitter to match or contrast with bird. Allow to dry.
8. Use glittering glue to attach the paisley wings to each bird. Gently round the wings to conform to the bird’s body.
9. Use glittering glue to adhere feathers on the tail of each bird.