1. Wrap decorative paper around the battery-operated candle and mark the length. Add 1" for overlap and clearance to slide over the candle. Next, measure the candle’s height and add 1.5" to accommodate the punched edge we will add. Cut the paper to these dimensions. For a 3" x 4.5" candle, the dimensions are 6" x 10.5".
2. Next, we’ll punch a border along one long edge of your cut paper. If you are punching a long border for the first time, try this on scrap paper first. To start, align the paper to the mark on the punch base that indicates where the cutting begins. Punch the scroll pattern, then shift to align with the image printed on the base of the punch—this guarantees you an uninterrupted pattern. Complete punching the long side of the decorative paper, punching past the end of the paper to allow overlap of the scroll pattern when you wrap it around the candle. With this size candle, it will align perfectly when you are ready to glue it.
3. Apply glittering glue to scroll pattern as follows (it might be easier to do half of the pattern at a time). Lay a piece of scrap paper with a straight edge along the punched border to cover all but the border. Add the glitter glue to the border.
4. Working over the powder tray, apply the glitter, shake off the excess and set aside to dry. Once dry, flatten under a heavy book if the border develops ripples.
5. Add the bling stickers as desired to complement the pattern in the paper.
6. Roll the paper into a tube and glue the overlap, making sure of the fit around the candle. Stabilize with paperclips until the glue dries, if necessary.