1. Complete your stitched design following the kit instructions. If you are using this technique with a different size design, you will need to adjust the measurements of the finishing materials accordingly.
Cut out the pillow front, working 2-1/4" out from the outer Chain Stitch border.
3. Pin the piping to the pillow front, aligning the cut edges. Clip the piping fabric at the corners to make it lie flat. Allowing a 2" overlap at the end, trim the excess piping.
4. To finish, remove the stitching from the last 2" of piping. Trim the piping cord so it abuts the starting end. Trim the piping fabric so you can turn it under about 1/4". Reposition the fabric around the cord. Baste the piping to the pillow front, working along the piping stitching.
For this project, we are utilizing a zipper closure. Fold the fabric for the pillow back in half by bringing the right sides of the 15" edges together. Machine baste 1/2" in from the fold. Cut the seam allowance open along the fold and press it open. Follow the zipper package instructions to insert the zipper in the backing fabric.
6. Pin the pillow front and back together with the right sides facing. Sew the front and back together, working along the basting stitches.
7. Clip the corners almost to the seam line. Remove the basting from the pillow back and turn the pillow right side out. Insert the pillow form.