1. Cut out your stitched design, working 1/2" out from the stitching.
2. Pin the cord to your stitched design, placing the cord portion just inside the stitching. The lip portion should rest on the unstitched canvas. Notch the lip at the corners to allow it to lie flat.
3. Overlap the cord where you started so it looks like one continuous piece. Baste the cord to your stitched design, working as close to the cord as you can.
4. Fold the fabric for the pillow back in half by bringing the right sides of the 17" edges together. Machine baste 1/2" in from the fold. Cut the seam allowance open along the fold and press it open.
5. Center the pillow back on your stitched design with the right sides together and pin in place. Sew them together, working along the cord basting. Trim the seam allowance to 1/4", then trim the corners as shown.
6. Remove the basting in the pillow back. Turn the pillow right side out. Stuff the pillow with the fiberfill and slip stitch the opening closed.