1. Follow the stitching instructions to stitch the Family Hugs Project.
2. Use a paper trimmer to cut two pieces of chipboard to 8 1/2" x 10". Spray the front of one piece of chipboard with adhesive, lay on the back side of your stitched design, and roll the brayer over the piece to secure.
3. With your design still face down, cut the corners of your stitched design at a 45 degree angle about 1/4" away from the corner of the chipboard. Apply craft glue to the chipboard on all for sides and into the corners, then fold all sides of the stitched design to the back, and press to secure, including the corners. Leave your design face down and let dry.
4. Use scissors to cut three 8 1/2" x 11" pieces of decorative fabric.
5. Spray the chipboard with adhesive, place one of the fabric pieces in place and press to secure. Trim off excess fabric. Repeat with second piece of chipboard so that both sides are covered with fabric. It is intentional that the edges of the chipboard are not covered, just the front and back.
6. Use a sewing machine loaded with brown thread to stitch a line around the edges of both pieces of covered chipboard. Trim off excess thread.
7. Use a ruler and black ink pen to make a total of five dots, half an inch from the left side of both pieces of covered chipboard, starting one inch from the top of each cover, then every two inches thereafter.
8. Use a 3/16" hole punch to make a hole over each dot on both covers. Place an eyelet in each hole, and set with the eyelet setting tool.
9. For the title pages, cut four pieces (or as many as you’d like!) of coordinating patterned paper to 8 1/4" x 9 3/4" with the paper trimmer. Use one of the covers as a guide to punch holes along the edge of each piece.
10. Create tabs as follows: cut 1" x 2 1/2" pieces from brown cardstock, fold in half lengthwise, and round the corners. Adhere to each page using a tape runner. With your sewing machine, stitch a line along the bottom edge of each tab.
11. Create 4" square page labels in your computer with titles for the sections you want in your organizer; for example, Calendar, To-Do, Shopping, Coupons, Notes, Birthdays, Photos, Quotes, etc. Print the page labels and trim. Cut pieces of brown cardstock to 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" and mat the labels to the centers of each using a tape runner. Adhere each label to the center of each of the four patterned paper pages. Choose a botanical adhesive chipboard decoration to adhere at the corner of each square.
12. Stack the four pages between the two covers along with blank pages, calendar pages, and ruled paper trimmed to size and punched at the side. Bind it all together with 1" book rings.