1. Download the General Guidelines, Tips, & Techniques for helpful information on using the Stamping Gear. We recommend that you experiment with your Stamping Gear on newsprint or white copy paper using the images you like to see how they overlap. Try different positions of the stamp on the paddle and different spacing such as the closed basic and open basic techniques to see the results—there are no rules, just what appeals to you. You’ll love trying new combinations! When you are ready, go on to step 2.
2. Secure the pillow blank to your work surface with masking tape. Create a masking tape frame for the section that you want to be stamped.
3. Begin by using the peach colored ink: Place your desired cling image into the top middle of the Stamping Gear paddle. Make sure that the knob in the middle of the Gear Bar is locked at the right side. Working right to left, stamp onto the fabric along the top as shown, using every other slot. When you get to the end, press down on the Gear Bar's knob without moving it, and only move the actual bar with your hand to the left. You are now ready to continue stamping! Proceed to stamp until you reach the edge.
4. Repeat step 3 using the blue ink in every other slot.
5. Repeat step 3 and 4 for the bottom row of the pillow.
6. For the center design, position the stamp in the top center of the paddle toward the end with the 45 degree angled prongs. Place the gear bar over the top stamped design on the fabric so that the bottom of the gear bar lines up with the bottom of the stamped design. Again, make sure that the knob is locked at the right side. Next, ink the stamp with peach and place the paddle in every other numbered slot using the 45 degree angle prong. Extend the Gear Bar as you did in Step 3, then proceed to stamp until you each the edge.
7. Work back across the pillow by simply rotating your paddle and using the opposite 45 degree angle prong.
8. Attach the buttons, then fill your pillow with stuffing or a pillow form.