1. Download the Umbrella template and print it out. Trace the umbrella shape onto your cardboard or foam core, then cut it out.
2. Using the grey wedge shapes on the template, cut pieces of patterned paper to create the decorative top of the umbrella. Edge each one with a coordinating ink color for definition, then apply to the umbrella.
3. Using the raindrop templates, trace two shapes for each raindrop onto your chosen cardstocks, the first using the template as you see it, the second by flipping it over and tracing the mirror image. This lets you create 2-sided raindrops so as they turn you will see images on both sides.
4. Choose your stamps and inks, then begin stamping on the raindrops. Allow some images to run off the edge as shown. Stamp both sides of your raindrops, heat setting the inks as needed. Colorize with chalks as desired.
5. Cut out the raindrops. On some, you might wish to cut around the stamped image that extends beyond the edge of the raindrop as we did with the butterfly. Edge each raindrop with coordinating ink. Place any additional layered images with 3D-Dots.
6. Cut 15" pieces of fishing line and adhere them to the points of the umbrella by securing them on the backside with transparent tape.
7. Apply adhesive to the back of each raindrop. To apply the raindrops to the fishing line, lay one raindrop face down on your table, place the fishing line along the adhesive from the top point to the bottom of the droplet, and then cover it with the other matching raindrop. Repeat until all raindrops are adhered to the fishing line pieces, then trim excess line.
8. Use fishing line for a hanger and suspend from a hook.