1. Download the General Guidelines, Tips, & Techniques for helpful information on using the Stamping Gear.
2. Cover your work surface—you might be stamping off the edge of the mat.
3. Take apart the picture frame. Paint the frame if you so choose.
4. We recommend that you experiment with your Stamping Gear on newsprint or white copy paper using the images you like to see how they overlap. Try different spacing such as the closed basic and open basic techniques to see the results—there are no rules, just what appeals to you. You’ll love trying new combinations! When you have decided on the pattern you like, go on to the next step. Note: our pattern was stamped with the open basic technique working every other slot.
5. Place the mat onto the scrap paper. Carefully line up the oval stamping gear with the mat. Stamp all around the mat with the white stencil paint. Let dry.
6. Secure your photo behind the mat and reposition in the frame.