1. Download the General Guidelines, Tips, & Techniques for helpful information on using the Stamping Gear.
2. Use the purchased lampshade as a template. Trace the shape onto the patterned paper with a pencil. Add 1/4" overlap to the end of the patterned paper shape. Add the same overlap if you need to piece your patterned paper. Cut out your traced shape. If you needed to piece your paper, do that now so you have one complete shape for your shade. Set it aside, laying it flat. It’s time to play with the Stamping Gear!
3. Cover your work surface; you will likely be stamping off the edge of your paper. We recommend that you experiment with your Stamping Gear on newsprint or white copy paper using the images you like to see how they overlap. Try different spacing to see the results—there are no rules, just what appeals to you. You’ll love trying new combinations! When you have decided on a pattern you like, go on to step 3.
4. If you like the look of our design, stamp the feathers image with orange ink in an open pattern as shown in the Stamping Gear instructions that come with your kit. Fill in the alternating openings with grey ink. We stamped more than one pattern, and it’s ok to let part of an image fall off the edge of the paper.
5. Use spray adhesive to mount the stamped image onto the existing lampshade.
6. Secure ribbon to the upper and lower edges of the shade for a nice finish.